Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Time Travelers Pillar


The assignment was to make a painting relevant to the pillar of civilization we were assigned. We were given one square on the physical pillar that we could paint in. The steps to get to the final product were to first look up or create a picture relevant to our specific pillar (mine was religion in the Mayan civilization). Next step was to sketch out a to scale size sketch of what we had to paint. After we got that approved we were finally able to paint. I think what I learned through this assignment was how to put detail into my paintings and also how making a sketch of what i was going to paint first really helped. The one challenge I encountered was that i picked a drawing that required a lot of detail and precision to look good. I overcame this by using a very small brush. One thing that I would change would be giving us more time to be able to paint the pillar. This could very well help me later when I want to use painting as a creative outlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment