Thursday, May 13, 2010

Farmers Market


Interview with Rachel:
Q:Why do you choose to shop here?
A: Because I want to live more sustainably, and there's good food.

Q:When did you start coming here?
A:One year ago

Q:Do you garden at home? Why or why not?
A:No because i have a really small backyard

Q:What would be your advice to get others to do what you do?
A: Just to come down to the farmers market as much as possible

Q:What was your reason for your first visit here.
A:Because i was interested

Q:Anyone else in your family go here?
A: Nope

Blog Post:

What struck you about the location you visited? Was it what you expected, or very different?
The Farmers market was alot smaller than I expected, just one row of a few different farmers and that was it.

Which items were cheaper than you expected? Which were more expensive?
Alot of the fruits were cheaper than I expected except for the apples and pears, those were pretty expensive.

Do you think you will start going to a farmers market more often?
To be honest I don't really think i will because the whole experience was a bit of a hassle for me, and it just wasn't that memorable as I expected it to be.

How do these locations fit into our essential questions of “Why Don’t People Live More Sustainably?” and “How Can I Convince them to do So?”
This location fits in very well with living sustainably because going to one of these events and getting locally grown and organic foods helps out the environment alot. As for convincing something to do so, I could just say that everything may be a bit more expensive, but the food is better, and healthier for you, plus you are helping a good cause.

7 comments:

  1. I liked how you were honest, that you probably aren't going to go back and shop at a farmers market. These is probably a good example of why many people don't go to farmers markets. What made me think though is that you know that buying at a farmers market is better for the environment and you live a healthier life when you buy food at a farmers market but even though you aren't going to buy food there. Than how are other people going to be convinced to buy there if by proving to them its better food doesn't work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is something you liked?
    What I liked is the part that Eric wrote. It said that this locations fits the environment by making it more healthier. I liked this quote a lot because for me this places does actually help the community.

    What made you think and why?
    The part that made me think a lot was the quote that said that the apples and pears were expensive. That opened my mine because usually other food are more expensive than the apples and pears.

    Eric I like how explain the end because you put a lot of details towards the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oranges and pears was somthing I noticed being more expensive at the point loma farmers market.But i still bought some because they were so juicy. I liked how you were very honest about your experince!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coolio! I saw you there! :D

    Anyways, I liked how you interviewed a citizen, instead of a vendor. I thought it was interesting how you chose to do that, because it would take a lot more guts to go up to some random person and ask questions, versus asking someone who has to stand there and work anyway. Nice job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like you got a lot of information from your interview. Iv noticed that a lot of people interviewed someone who works at the farmers market and i liked how you chose to interview someone who shops there. Im not sure what farmers market you visited but i visited the one in Chula Vista and i noticed that it was pretty small as well and only took up about two rows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Farmer's Market I was at seemed to be the same exact thing. Only one row with a few different vendors. One thing I liked was that you gave a honest answer about if you are/aren't going to go to a Farmer's Market because I could see some people dishonestly answering to save face or what have you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Erick i really like the way that you asked the questions for example: What struck you about the location you visited? Was it what you expected, or very different?
    The Farmers market was alot smaller than I expected, just one row of a few different farmers and that was it. Good job.

    ReplyDelete